Southern Border Crisis
Playing Political Games
The Southern Border Crisis is worsening while many of our elected officials —Democrats, Independents, and Republicans — continue to ignore this travesty by playing political games. As those of you who have read my wide-range of previous posts know, I have always made it a point to steer clear of political issues. However, this dire situation demands that I speak out.
First, here are five facts from knowledgeable experts:
- On March 29, 2019, Former Obama administration’s DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson publically stated, “We are truly in a crisis” [at the southern border]. “On Tuesday there were 4,000 apprehensions. I know that 1,000 [apprehensions] overwhelms the system and I cannot begin to imagine what 4,000 a day looks like,”
- April 2, 2019, “The crisis at our border is worsening.” “We will not stand idly by while Congress fails to act yet again, so all options are on the table…” Kirstjen Nielsen, current DHS Secretary.
- According to Customs and Border Protection, more than 76,000 migrants were detained in February, marking the highest number of apprehensions in 12 years.
- “The entire immigration system is overrun,” Mark Morgan, former head of Border Patrol in the Obama administration. “They’re not at the breaking point, they’re past it. Border Patrol resources are being pulled off the front lines to address the unprecedented humanitarian crisis while the cartels further exploit our open borders, increasing the threat to our country.”
- “The border was at its ‘breaking point’ [last week],” and that there are not enough agents to respond to the flow of illegal immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.” U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan.
Potential repercussions from uncontrolled/illegal entries
Higher rates of serious infectious diseases (whooping cough, tuberculosis, malaria, measles
Severe strain on U.S. citizens to pay costs of unwarranted medical services.
- Influx of “false” families. Border patrol agents say they are alarmed by the growing number of migrants illegally crossing the border with children — who are not their own — to avoid long-term federal custody.
- Unknown individuals, criminals (MS-13, etc) and potential terrorists gaining access.
- Loss of jobs to U.S. citizens (replaced at lower wages by illegals.)
- Unbudgeted costs associated with providing healthcare, housing, feeding, support. etc/
- The media and
Internetare filled with all sorts of statistics relating to the pros and cons forallowing uncontrolled immigration.
Folks, we are facing a national emergency and our elected officials are turning their backs on us in favor of playing politics. This situation is NOT a manufactured crisis! I have listened to both sides, and I have chosen to rely on the EXPERTS. (How many true border security experts can you name that have gone on record by saying this situation is not a real crisis?)
Some will argue that serious crimes by illegals are not a problem. Well, here’s just one example of why I disagree: According to DHS status indicators, over 286,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1,
Wake up America! Failure to adequately deal with this crisis will change our beloved country for the WORSE forever. It’s a bad day for those in Congress. It’s a sad day for
Let every member of Congress know your position. Strongly encourage them to quickly pass a law that ends the current practice of allowing anyone who sets foot on U.S. soil to wait inside the U.S. until their asylum claim is adjudicated. And, I would be remiss if I didn’t say we need a secure wall, fence, or whatever you want to call it – in those locations selected by the Border Patrol experts.
Take a stand! Let those in Congress hear from you. Here are the links to make your voice be heard:
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
United States Capitol switchboard: (202) 224-3121
United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121.
LEAVE A REPLY